Hello, neighbors. It’s me, Carla Varner, your host for the Cincinnati Daily – back in your inbox with all the most important things happening in our community today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Fairly sunny and more humid. High: 89 Low: 71.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Cincinnati? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories in Cincinnati today:
- A person was shot dead in the Over-The-Rhin district out of town early Sunday morning. Police were dispatched to 12th and Main Streets around 2:30 a.m. for a victim of a gunshot wound to the thigh. Police on Sunday evening did not say whether they knew what happened in the shooting or if there were any suspects. (WKRC TV Cincinnati)
- The The Cincinnati City Council passed an emergency ordinance to include abortion-related services in the city’s health plan. The council voted unanimously to repeal the 2001 ordinance that restricted these services. Councilor Meeka Owens said, “The steps we have taken to preserve this right are a signal to the world that to protect the health, safety, autonomy and dignity of City employees, we must respond in a thoughtful, clear and compassionate. (The Cincinnati Herald)
- The The University of Cincinnati Speech and Hearing Clinic offers free audiology assessments every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all year round. The assessments help train future audiologists working toward doctoral level degrees. (University of Cincinnati)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve had so many positive comments on the Cincinnati Daily that we’re starting to get big heads. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If that is the case, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would so appreciate your feedback that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
Today in Cincinnati:
- Cincinnati Opera – Charge – Fierce At the Corbett Theater (7:30 a.m.)
- happy maids To the Greater Cincinnati Weavers Guild (09:00)
- Council public hearing on the 2023 fiscal budget At the Gold Manor Municipal Building (2:45 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The moment we’ve all been waiting for has arrived – It’s Cincinnati Burger Week! The Ohio Beef Council is back for its eighth year, and this time with an app! Download the Cincinnati Burger Week App on Google Play or the Apple App Store to reward your appetite. (WLWT Cincinnati)
- The Cincinnati Zoo shines her first flamingo egg of the year! Check out Saturday’s new egg on their Instagram. (Cincinnati Zoo via Instagram)
- Long Branch Farm & Trails will remain closed for hiking today. Crews are still working to clean up and assess damage from the July 6 tornado and storm. (Cincinnati Nature Center via Instagram)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You’re all caught up for today. See you soon!