Hi there. I’m back in your inbox this morning with your new edition of the Lakewood Daily. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Quite sunny. High: 87 Low: 76.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Lakewood? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories from today in Lakewood:
- Lakewood has been listed as one of the best suburban neighborhoods to move to by Thrillist, a New York-based online media website that covers food, drink, travel and entertainment. The article sheds light on affordability, cultural variety and the local food scene. Immigrant Son Brewery, Western Reserve, Aladdin’s and Indian Garden are some of the noted restaurants and breweries. (Thrillist)
- Cleveland.com) is hosting an Outdoor Rec Fest on Saturday July 2 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. downtown. The event will focus on hiking, biking, tubing, kayaking, fishing and rock climbing. “Exciting outdoor recreation opportunities in Cuyahoga Falls continue to expand for residents and visitors alike,” said Mayor Don Walters. (
- Temperatures will continue to warm today with highs around 90 degrees. A cold front will move through the region on Sunday, bringing more humidity and scattered thunderstorms into the afternoon. An early warning has been issued for severe thunderstorms, particularly in east and south Cleveland. (Cleveland News 19)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve had so many positive comments on the Lakewood Daily that we’re starting to get overwhelmed. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If that is the case, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would so appreciate your feedback that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
Today in Lakewood:
- HeartBeat Drum Circle At Centerin Space (3:00 p.m.)
- Michelle Malone In Eddie’s attic (7:00 p.m.)
- Jarren Benton Show At the masquerade (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Smell the roses at the Rose Show at the Church of the Ascension today (Saturday June 25) and tomorrow (Sunday June 26) from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The exhibition includes 47 classes of horticultural specimens of all types of roses and eight classes of rose arrangements. (The Lakewood Watcher)
- Enjoy the fun and festivities of the Scottish Games and Ohio Celtic Festival today from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea. There will be a bagpipe competition, a Stones of Strength competition, Highland dancing, a harp and fiddle competition, and much more. (The Lakewood Watcher)
- Come support Amplify the Voice, a benefit concert for Ukraine tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Severance Hall. The event is presented by The Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus of North America and The United Ukrainian Organizations of Ohio. (The Lakewood Watcher)
You are officially informed for today. See you soon!
— Carla Varner