Hello, neighbors! I’m right on time with your new copy of the Toledo Daily, filled with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Let’s go.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Fairly sunny and warm. High: 82 Low: 61.
Here are the top three stories from today in Toledo:
- Home on Page Street affects neighbors as sinkholes continue to grow around the foundations of the house. Next door neighbor Becky Smith said: “I have five children and they can’t play in the yard half the time because they’re [rats] running around the yard.” The City of Toledo Code Enforcement Department said the house was a candidate for demolition. (WTVG)
- A US Postal worker was delivering mail near Mulberry and East Pearl streets around 10:00 a.m. Wednesday when she was detained by someone with a gun. The man demanded an “arrow key” and showed him a gun in his belt. The postman screamed and the suspect ran into a nearby alley. (OMCL)
- A 16-year-old boy was shot dead early yesterday morning in what police say is an ongoing investigation. Officials responded to the 1400 block of N. Huron Street where the teen suffered a gunshot wound with a bullet casing at the scene. The victim was taken to hospital. (WTVG)
Today in Toledo:
- American Pickleball Tour Downtown Glass (8:00 a.m.)
- Midday tunes At the Wildwood Preserve Metropark (12:00 p.m.)
- Zoo to do: Premium Wild In Rio experience! At the Toledo Zoo (5:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Congratulations to Toledo Repertory Theater! They celebrate their 90th season live theatre. (Toledo City Newspaper)
- Are you looking for a new member of the four-legged family? Check list of pets ready for adoption at the link! (Toledo Patch)
- If you start see the color teal pop up all over Toledo this month, There is a reason! The town is participating in the national Turn the Town’s Teal campaign recognizing Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. (Toledo City Newspaper)
You’re all caught up for today! See you soon.
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and editor with a degree in media, culture and communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, managing editor and editorial director for various B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and manages content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.