Hi friends! It’s Monday in Strongsville and I’m back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. Let’s do it…
First, today’s weather forecast:
Wet; a wandering storm pm. High: 85 Low: 66.
Here are the top three stories from today in Strongsville:
- The new state senate district map has Strongsville in the 24th district. Some voters would be unsure which state Senate district they are in due to the new map being used for the first time. Voters are currently voting early for the Aug. 2 primary election. Click to learn more about voting. Click the following link for the County Senate map. (Cleveland.com)
- The Cuyahoga County Jail Administrator and the County Public Works Facilities Management Team have released their wish lists for the new jail project. The administrator’s list includes a large exit port, large intake area, upper floor netting to prevent falls, garage doors, built-in recreation areas, four-person cells, time-out areas, a central control room, state-of-the-art equipment, a large training room, employee locker space and an employee lunch room. The list of public works is almost the same but with additional infrastructure improvements. (Cleveland.com)
- The Strongsville Community Business Expo will take place on October 12. The popular event will take place at the Ehrnfelt Recreation Center on Royalton Road between 5 and 7:30 p.m. The event will feature over 100 local businesses and their products. Special guest will be Bill Wills from WTAM 1100 Radio. (Town of Strongsville)
Today in Strongville:
- A conversation with author Bill Shaffer With Cuyahoga County Public Library (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Is the current real estate market making you feel a bit overwhelmed? here are the latest Strongsville properties to hit the market. Click to view the full property listing which includes property prices, photos and dimensions. (Strongsville crest)
- The Strongsville Public Library will host Discover: Sink or Float on August 4 at 3:00 p.m. The STEAM-based event will allow children aged 1 to 6 to discover the properties of water. (Town of Strongsville)
- The Cuyahoga County Fair is just around the corner. It will be from August 9 to August 14 at the county fair. Click for more information. (Cuyahoga County Fair)
Please follow and stay informed. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer at content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with the management of the community newsletter. Danielle also has a Masters in Communication Science and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.