Image © Randall L. Schieber/Courtesy of MKSK Studios.
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) recognizes 27 landscape architects, scholars, researchers, and planners for their work and contributions to the field.
Founded in 1899, ASLA is the designated professional association for the landscape architecture community in the United States. From their work and stewardship to assisting in the design and planning of beautiful and resilient spaces, this year’s fellowship cohort is comprised of design professionals representing the importance and beauty of landscape architecture. .
ASLA President Eugenia Martin, FASLA, shares, “Each landscape architect helps shape their community for the better, and ASLA Fellows represent the most accomplished and respected professionals in their field. Their contributions coast to coast and internationally have helped advance equity, environmental sustainability, and excellence in design and planning.”
Check out the newly elected 2022 ASLA Scholars below:
ASLA Class of 2022 Scholars. Image courtesy of ASLA.
- Mike Albert, ASLA, Design Workshop, Inc., Aspen, Colorado
- Richard Alomar, ASLA, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- John Amodeo, ASLA, IBI Placemaking, Boston, MA
- Maria Bellalta, ASLA, Boston Architectural College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Deneen Crosby, ASLA, Crosby Schlessinger Smallridge, Boston, Massachusetts
- Galen S. Drake, ASLA, J2Design, Phoenix, Arizona
- Bruce Dvorak, ASLA, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Lakeshore East Park Master Plan by OJB. Image courtesy of OJB.
- Kyle L. Fiddelke, ASLA, OJB, San Diego
- Joan Floura, ASLA, Floura Teeter Landscape Architects, Baltimore, Maryland
- Christian Gabriel, ASLA, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Riverdale, Maryland
- William A. Green, ASLA, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island
- Adam Greenspan, ASLA, PWP Landscape Architecture, Berkeley, CA
- Robert Hughes, ASLA, HGOR, Atlanta, Georgia
- Claire Humber, ASLA, Group SE, Burlington, Vermont
IS 366X by Studio HIP. Image courtesy of Studio HIP.
- Mark Klopfer, ASLA, Klopfer Martin Design Group and Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, Massachusetts
- Claire Latané, ASLA, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California
- Samir Mathur, International ASLA, Integral Designs International Studio, New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Philip J. Meyer, ASLA, Baughman Company, Wichita, Kansas
- Ramon V. Murray, ASLA, Murray Design Group, Orlando, Florida
- Heidi Natura, ASLA, Living Habitats, Chicago, Illinois
- Jennifer L. Nitzky, ASLA, Studio HIP, Ossining, New York
Richard G. Lugar Plaza by Rundell Ernstberger Associates in collaboration with Circle Design, Fink, Roberts and Petrie, Axis, RLR Associates, ProjectOne Studio, Brandt Construction and Biederman Redevelopment Ventures. Image © Daniel Showalter, Hadley Fruits.
- Kevin Osburn, ASLA, Rundell Ernstberger Associates, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Jeffrey J. Pongonis, ASLA, MKSK, Columbus, Ohio
- Nancy Prince, ASLA, New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, New York, New York
- Debra Schmucker, ASLA, Cornerstone Planning & Design, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Michael Stanley, ASLA, Dream Design International, Rapids City, SD
- April Westcott, ASLA, MG Landscape & Irrigation, Indianapolis, Indiana
The 27 Fellows will be inducted into the Fellows Council on November 13, 2022, at the ASLA Annual Conference in San Francisco. To learn more about the upcoming ASLA 2022 Landscape Architecture Conference and to register, click here.
Learn more about each fellow and their work here.
Some current competitions on Bustler that might interest you…
Miami Floating Housing Competition
Register by Tue 8 Nov 2022
Submitted by Wed Nov 9, 2022
Memorial for witches
Register before Fri 8 Jul 2022
Submit by Thu, Dec 15 2022
Las Vegas Affordable Housing Challenge
Register by Thu Sep 8, 2022
Submitted by Wed Dec 7 2022
Artist residencies Gaudi La Coma
Register by Tue Sep 13, 2022
Submitted by Fri 9 Dec 2022