Oil City with big North East out-of-region football win
Check out highlights and interviews with Oil City after a dominant win at North East.
Josh Reilly, Erie Times-News
The District 10 football season is approaching the halfway point, and the Erie Times-News Weekly Rankings reflect the realities that are beginning to set in across regions and rankings. There has been some movement in the 1A and 2A order, but the biggest item of the week is a new No. 1 in the 3A class.
Oil City rolled on teams left and right behind record running back Ethen Knox. He had another 400-yard game on the verge of breaking all sorts of rushing records. Oil City has yet to prove itself against Mercer County in the playoffs, but right now the Oilers look like the best team in 3A.
Box scores:Enter the Games: Week 4 District 10 High School Football Stats
Ranking :District 10 Football Rankings 2022
1. Reynolds (3-1) Previous week: 1 – The Raiders earned another declaration as they dominated Cambridge Springs to remain undefeated in Region 1 play.
2. Eisenhower (4-0) Prev: 2 – The Knights held off Seneca to remain one of the few undefeated teams in District 10.
3. Lakeview (3-1) Prv: 4 – The Sailors won their third straight game in convincing fashion at Maplewood.
4. Cambridge Springs (2-2) Prv: 3 – The Blue Devils suffered a tough setback against powerhouse Reynolds.
5. Mercer (2-2) Prv: NR – The Mustangs picked up a regional win over Saegertown with several big plays.
Abandoned: Maple wood
Week 4:Mercyhurst Prep Wins Another Thriller: District 10’s Best Football Players Friday Games
1. Farrell (3-1) Prev: 1 – The Steelers picked up another blowout victory in Region 3 and continue to flex their muscles.
2. Sharpsville (4-0) Prev: 2 – The Blue Devils moved to 4-0 with an impressive road win at 3A power Slippery Rock.
3. Wilmington (3-1) Prev: 3 –The Greyhounds used multiple clutch plays in the closing seconds on Friday to knock out Hickory’s 3A powerhouse.
4. Mercyhurst Prep (2-2) Prv: 5 – The Lakers continue to prove themselves with a one-touchdown win over No. 4 Northwestern.
5. North West (2-2) Prv: 4 – The Wildcats narrowly missed on the road at Mercyhurst Prep, 28-21.
1. Oil City (4-0) Prv: 2 – The Oilers have yet to cruise through Mercer County in the playoffs, but they’re looking like a runaway train right now with a big line and running back Ethen Knox.
2. Slippery Rock (3-1) Prv: 1 – The Rockets didn’t defend their home court this week, but the loss was to a strong 2A team in Sharpsville.
3. Grove City (2-2) Prv: 3 – The Eagles got back on track with an impressive win over Sharon in a key Region 3 game.
4. General McLane (3-1) Prv: 4 – The Lancers defense put on another great display, holding North East to a touchdown.
5. Sharon (2-2) Prv: 5 – The Tigers suffered costly turnovers in a loss to No.3 Grove City.
1. McDowell (6A) (3-1) Prv: 1 – The Trojans dominated Erie High in a preview of the D-10 6A Championship Game.
2. Cathedral Prep (5A) (3-1) Prv: 2 – The Ramblers’ big win over Solon, Ohio suggests they’re hitting their stride.
3. Meadville (4A) (4-0) Prv: 3 – The Bulldogs scored 10 touchdowns in another blowout victory.
Visit GoErie.com Friday at 7 p.m. for live Week 5 updates around District 10.