Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
The Lake Linden-Hubbell football team’s season ended with a 45-6 loss at North Central last night in an eight-man Division Two regional title game. James Milkey’s 28-yard throw to Sam Roberts provided the Lakes’ only score. Milkey rushed for 88 yards on 31 carries. North Central will play Marion in an undefeated state semifinal matchup next week.
In other games involving UP teams…
• In the eight-man Premier League, Munising eliminated Newberry 58-12. The Mustangs will host Merrill in another battle of undefeated teams in the state semifinals next week.
In the 11-man football district finals…
• In Division Eight, Iron Mountain ousted Bark River-Harris 32-16. The Mountaineers will host Evart in regionals next week.
• In Division Six, the Menominee at Negaunee match has been postponed until today at 13:00, following a car accident involving pupils from Negaunee.
• In Division 5, Kingsford play Gladwin this afternoon.
At the high school volleyball tournament…
• In the Fourth Division, Jeffers won a district title by sweeping Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 3-0 (25-11, 25-13, 25-20) last night. Kaeda Rajala led the Jets with 10 kills and Hanna Larson had six aces. Jeffers will face Ironwood in the regional semifinals on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. in Baraga. Forest Park and Stephenson will play in the other regional semi-final.
• In the Third Division, Bark River-Harris dispatched Manistique 3-1 to claim their district title. The Broncos will face Calumet in the regional semifinals Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. in Westwood. Coverage will begin at 5:40 a.m. on Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3. Charlevoix and Elk Rapids will play in the other regional semi-final.
The Michigan Tech football team plays in Hillsdale today.
Northern Michigan is home to Saginaw Valley State.
Finlandia ends its season at the University of Greenville in Illinois.
Logan Ganie’s third period goal lifted MTU Hockey to a 3-2 win at Bowling Green last night. Parker Saretsky and Ryland Mosely also scored and Blake Pietila made 41 saves. These teams are skating again tonight in Ohio.
NMU shut down Lake Superior State 4-1 last night. These teams face off again tonight at the Soo.
Finlandia women’s team lost 8-0 to Concordia-Moorhead last night. The Lions were outscored 51-12. These teams meet this afternoon at 4:00 p.m. at Houghton County Arena.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team stopped Parkside 3-1 (25-19, 23-25, 25-17, 25-19) yesterday. Meg Raabe matched her season high with 22 kills. Lina Espejo-Ramirez had 47 assists and 13 digs. The Huskies host Purdue Northwest today at 4 p.m.
Varsity Cross Country
At the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Cross Country Championships yesterday, the men’s Tech team finished third and the women’s team placed fourth. Clayton Sayen and Drew Kolodge placed fifth and sixth, respectively, and earned first-team All-GLIAC honors.
The Portage Lake Pioneers outscored the Calumet Wolverines 6-3 last night at the Colosseum. These teams will face off again tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Dee Stadium.
The Red Wings will visit the Kings tonight. Coverage will begin at 10:15 a.m. on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons’ struggles continued with a 112-88 loss to the Cavaliers last night. Cade Cunningham scored 19 points, and Saddiq Bey and Jaden Ivey each added 18.
The Pistons visit the Thunder on Monday.
The Astros host the Phillies as the World Series resumes tonight. Houston leads the Fall Classic 3-2.
Riley Greene was named Tiger of the Year by the Detroit Chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America. He is the first rookie to claim this honor since Mark Fidrych in 1976.
• The Lions host the Packers in a 1:00 game on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tuesday – Calumet Volleyball takes on Bark River-Harris in a regional semi-final at Westwood. Coverage will begin at 5:40 a.m. on Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to [email protected]