Week of April 11, 2022
MEDINA COUNTY – The following construction projects are expected to affect highways in Medina County next week. All the work described is permitted by the weather conditions.
Major Reconstruction of State Route 18 – State Route 18, just west of Alber Drive to Nettleton Road, will be closed to a single lane as crews widen and rebuild the roadway.
- Crews continue to work on crossing the waterline all week. Traffic on SR 18 will be reduced to one lane of traffic with flagmen directing traffic during off-peak hours.
- Grading begins behind the existing curb from River Styx Road.
- A temporary causeway is placed on the east side of the River Styx and temporary strips are placed within the project boundary.
- Crews continue storm sewer work and continue pipe placement on the north side of SR 18 to Nettleton Road. Once this operation is complete, the teams will return to N. Façade and complete the placement of the pipes there.
- Crews are continuing roadway removal work on the north side of SR 18, as per project plans, to begin widening the roadway.
- SR 18 from Alber Drive to Glenshire Road will be reduced to 10 feet of lane each way.
- Crews will continue to work at the corner of SR 18 and River Styx Road, by Goodwill.
- There will be temporary sign post work within the project boundaries.
Estimated completion: June 2024
Major rehabilitation of US Route 42 – US 42 (Pearl Road) in the City of Brunswick, from Sleepy Hollow Road to Boston Road, will have lane closures for a minor rehabilitation project beginning Monday, April 11. The project includes complete resurfacing and extensive repairs of US 42, along with curb and sidewalk work.
- Crews will begin work on US 42 between SR 303 (Center Road) and Boston Road. During this phase, northbound traffic will be moved to the existing middle lane while work on the northbound lane is underway.
- Ongoing work included repairs to pavement, curbs, sidewalks, installing sidewalks in various locations, ADA upgrades, and asphalt resurfacing.
- Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times.
- Access to businesses will be maintained during construction. For businesses that only have one drive, construction will be done in stages. For those with multiple training approaches, one approach will be closed at a time.
- Please use caution when driving through the area as equipment moves in and out. Plan accordingly and expect delays.
Estimated completion: June 2023
Interstate 271 Pavement Repair – NEW IMPACTS – I-271 from the Summit County line to I-71 will have single lane closures for a pavement repair project. At least one lane will be maintained in each direction and there are no lane width restrictions. Estimated completion: May 2022
Please support Leader Publications as we continue to provide the community with local news.
Click on the link below for more information on our 2020 voluntary subscription campaign!
Make a voluntary donation